I’ve prepared many kind of crumbles, changing the fruits and crust.
This one is a comfort recipe I prepared with frozen yellow nectarines and red peaches from the garden.
Looking for rolled oats, I realized I did not have them in my pantry, but a very good substitute was ready to be used: a muesli mixture! I’ve doubled the oat quantity I supposed to use, I also added some baking powder and voilà a super delicious crumble (or crisp? Or cobbler?) had been served in a very short time and had been literally devoured!
Vanilla ice cream or custard may be great addition to be served with this.
Crumble with Muesli
- 750 g peaches, halved and pitted (or other fruit to taste)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, to taste
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup muesli mix (a Swiss oat mixture wieth dried fruits)
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder or baking soda + 1/2 teaspoon lemon/lime juice
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Grease bottom and sides of you mold (I used 25cm oval one) with butter or margarine.
- Distribute the fruit cut side up into the mold.
- In bowl combine the other ingredients and mix until just combined.
- With the spoon drop the mixture over the fruits.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy