It’s always a big advantage havening at home many delicious ingredients ready to be used for surprising good preparation as this salad or side dish with a preserved lemon dressing. I know that this can be hardly be found in your shop, but you can easily prepare some or better than nothing for this recipe use simply a mixture of lemon juice, lemon zest and salt.
For the preparation I used the ingredients listed below, but you can use any vegetables who would fit to be roasted in the oven. I served the dish warmfebeta from the oven, but it can be served lukewarm or cold as salad as well.
Suggestion: prepare more dressing and serve it with grilled chicken breasts.
For the recipe for preserved lemons click HERE
Vegetables Potpourri with Preserved Lemon Dressing
- 1000 small potatoes, peeled (I used yellow and purple ones)
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 red peppers, seed and stem removed, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 small preserved lemon (about 80 g)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons chopped coriander or parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Combine all the vegetables and oil in a big bowl, toss to coat with the oil well.
- Arrange vegetables in an oven proof mold.
- Bake at 200°C/400°F for about 30 minutes until all vegetables are done.
- While the vegetables are in the oven combine all the ingredients for dressing in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve the vegetables warm, lukewarm or cold with the dressing.