Create a romantic mood and make a surprise to your partner serving this delicious beverage! For Valentine day you may add sliced strawberries instead of grapes. “One for you…one for me” and you will see how much she/he will appreciate this idea.
You can also prepare a big bowl of this for company and keep it in the fridge until your guests are arrive.
This recipe had been inspired by the grapes and apples from the garden and by huge basil quantity I still have. The white wine was already in the in the fridge and in the kitchen the secret ingredient (Vermouth) was ready to use.
Vermouth in the kitchen? Yes, I estimate that I use at least 80% of it for cooking (the same with the brandy). Try it with cheese preparation or with Chinese food; you will see….
White Fall Sangria
You need (one portion):
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 basil leaves, I used a very sheeted kind
- 4-5 ice cubes, to taste
- 1/4 cup white Vermouth drink as Martini white or other kind, to taste
- 1/2 small apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup grapes
- Combine wine and sugar, stir until sugar is melted (alternative add little golden syrup or sweetener). Distribute into the glasses.
- Add all the other ingredients stir and serve immediately.
- Arrange and decorate to serve.
Note: for more basil flavor add the basil after the sugar is melted. Let stand for about 10 minutes before adding the other ingredients.