This Bahamian salad should make 4 portions, but it was so delicious that yesterday I ate this alone with my son and we did not let any leftovers. It’s one of the best carrot salad I’ve ever tried!
The result is an exquisite exotic salad we loved very much and I will prepare soon for all of us…. doubling the quantity!
Carrot and Raisin Salad with a Twist
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cashew
- 2 tablespoon dried coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons white rum, or to taste
- White vinegar (I used white balsamic vinegar)
- Salad leaves to serve
- Grate the carrots.
- Dry roast the cashews, set aside.
- Dry roast the coconut flakes until light browned.
- Combine carrots, raisins, cashew and coconut but reverse little coconut and cashew for decoration.
- Season with rum, oil, vinegar and pepper to taste.
- Spoon over salad leaves (single plates or in a bowl) top with reserved cashew and coconut!