It’s very use to produce some homemade cosmetics and it’s a lot of fun.
Make your cosmetic products simply with the culinary ingredients and bee products as well as herbs from the garden.
Last week I prepared a great set as gift for birthday and it was funny way for myself to discover some new interesting ingredients.
As all skin products, some people may be allergic to this or to that, you have to adjust the recapture to your needs!
Tip: combine beeswax and oil by melting them in a small pot to about 80°C or better in a small bowl over a pot of boiling water.
Note: the Beeswax Skin Balsam is not in the photo.
Beeswax Skin Balm
- Ingredients: Beeswax (20%), Baby oil (80%)
- Properties: Protecting and nourishing
The all-purpose balm described below, is the balm I use for my skin since ages and I’m very happy with this. Perfect to protect you skin against the cold weather and to take care of your hands before and after gardening! If you need a sun protection I use a sun protection cream before and then our beeswax cream.
Tiger Balm Lip Balm
- Ingredients: Beeswax (20%), Baby oil 79%) and Tiger Balm (1%)
- Properties: protecting and anti-inflammatory
The second version is very similar, the only difference is the addition of Tiger Balm. Tiger balm isn’t designed for use on lips, but I discovered that in small amounts it works well against irritated lips or nose; but be careful, maximum 1% Tiger balm content in you mix and only for one or two days! If it is too much this will either irritate you skin!
Rosemary and Lemon Scented Salt Bath
- Ingredients: Sea salt, dried rosemary powder and grated lemon zest (Quantities to taste, no rules)
- Properties: relieves fatigue and tonic for the skin
Salt Bath make you feel the water smooth and sea salt is a natural ally to balance, protect, and restore the body and skin. This also can help balance and improve hydration, strengthen the protective barrier of our skin.
Rosemary and lemon scent together give us a lot energy and they work as mood enhancer.
Turmeric Mask for the Face
- Ingredients: Turmeric powder and flour (flour is only a carrier and it is optional)
- Properties: anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidants, smoothing, tonic, and anti-bacterial
- Use: Combine 1 teaspoons powder with 1 teaspoons plain Greek yogurt. Apply for 10-15 min and then wash nicely
This is an old very powerful method to improve the texture of your skin. It can also help to fight acne!
Lavender Scrub for Hands
- Ingredients: brown sugar (80%), olive oil (18%), beeswax (2%), and dried lavender powder (ta taste)
- Properties: smoothing and nourishing
- Use: Rub well 1 teaspoon scrub on wet hands, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry
Crystals of sugar work a natural scrub, the oil and beeswax are a great carrier and help you skin to smooth the skin while you are scrubbing with the crystal. Lavender texture works as scrub but also gives to the mixture a great scent!
Foot Bath with Mint
- Ingredients: Salt 80 %, baking soda (“0%), fresh mint leaves (mint processed with salt in the food processor, quantity to taste)
- Properties: refreshing and smoothing
Foot soaks are very effective against tiresome of feet, dry and damaged skin of feet, cracked heels, stinky feet and many others. Take a foot basin large enough to hold both of your feet in it, add 2 tablespoons of the mixture. Then soak your feet for about 30 minutes and keep rubbing your feet gently using your fingertips or a sponge. In this way you will remove a lot dead cells and exfoliate the skin. Rinse well with water and apply any of good hand and body lotion to keep your feet moisturized. Best if you use the Beeswax balm I’ve suggested
Avocado Pit and Honey Facial Scrub
- Ingredients: avocado pit powder, honey, olive oil, lemon juice and cornstarch
- Properties: scrub, cleansing, nourishing and anti-oxidants
The use of the avocado pit was the most surprising discovery of this beauty set! I would have never thought that this could be used and in the internet I saw that this can be used as additive to food!
The procedure of preparing the pit was easy: wash, remove the dark skin, grate and let it dry overnight or more if necessary. Then process it to get the powder! The colors changes form light to dark orange in only a few minutes, that’s OK, no worry! Here a few more suggestion how to use this seed: https://toughnickel.com/frugal-living/avocado-seed